Client: Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenaribeit (GIZ) and the National Insurance Commission (NIC)
Objective: To conduct an assessment of public perception and awareness of insurance in Ghana. The main objective of the assignment is to undertake qualitative and quantitative assessment of the public perception, awareness and confidence of Ghana’s Insurance industry. Specifically, this is intended to be achieved through:
- assessing the general public perceptions and understanding of insurance concepts, products and companies;
- assessing the general public knowledge of insurance concepts, products and companies;
- assessing attitude of the general public towards insurance concepts, products and companies;
- assessing general public experiences regarding raising queries, complaints and dispute resolutions; and
- identifying issues that needs to be addressed to improve public confidence.
Key Activities: kick off meetings with stakeholders; development and revision of quantitative and qualitative instruments; selection and training of field staff (enumerators); conduct of pilot study in Kumasi; rollout of main survey across all 16 regions of Ghana; generation of perception and awareness of insurance in Ghana report; computation of insurance confidence index for Ghana.
Scope: Insurance sector